Translate

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Mission to Sleep

I'm on a mission! That mission is to sleep and sleep well! I want to fall asleep more easily, have a good night's sleep and wake up feeling refreshed and rested.

To give myself the best chance I've got a few natural sleep aids. Today me and my husband went to the garden centre and we bought...

Peace lilies: these plants are a natural dehumidifier and absorb some impurities in the air making it easier to breathe which in turn aids sleep and helps with relaxation. They look lovely in our bedroom too. We placed the larger plant on our dresser on my husbands side of the bed and the smaller one is on my bedside table. 

Wild Rose and Gardenia Reed Diffuser by Wax Lyrical: aromatherapy is a natural way to help you relax. Rose essential oil has been linked to helping insomnia, headaches, menstrual cramps, stress and can give a relaxed and calming effect. Gardenia promotes sleep and relieves anxiety. This is on my bedside table and smells amazing. We live in a small house and as soon as you start walking upstairs you can smell it.

I have also purchased...


OTeas Wellness Sleepwell Tea: Drinking one cup before bed is supposed to help you drift off more easily. The ingredients are ginger root, orange peel, green rooibos, lemon verbena, chamomile, spearmint leaves, fennel seed, liquorice root, peppermint, orange and lemon essence oils. I'm drinking my first cup as I type this and I'm really enjoying it. It's a very nice scent and flavour and nothing too strong. Each ingredient has benefits for sleep, calming, comfort and relaxation. To reduce my caffeine intake I have also decided to not drink caffeinated tea after 6pm and I don't like coffee.

My 5 Rules For Better Sleep:
  1. no caffeine after 6pm and one cup of OTeas Wellness Sleepwell tea before bed
  2. no refined sugars after 6pm
  3. no social media or laptop after 10pm (I'll struggle here!)
  4. choose one relaxation technique before bed: meditation, bubble bath, reading, facial
  5. get into my bed before 11pm
I also have cotton sheets which help control your body temperature and have thrown out any sleepwear that isn't comfortable. I'm hoping I can fall asleep by midnight and get up at 8am which will give me my 8 hours sleep and enough time to get ready for work. Wish me luck!



What are your top tips for a good night's sleep?

Much Love,
Becky xx



Find your OTeas Wellness Sleepwell tea at: http://www.o-teas.com/wellness/wellness-sleepwell
Find your Wild Rose and Gardenia reed diffuser at: https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Wax-Lyrical-Wild-Rose--Gardenia-Reed-Diffuser-100ml/362573011

2 comments:

Layne said...

Those really are the 5 golden rules to getting to sleep on time. One that I've found helpful is to read fiction before bed (from a real book, not my iPad). It does two things: 1. it makes my eyes tired, and 2. it primes my imagination for some killer dreams!

Not just depressed said...

I love that idea! I have so many strange dreams or nightmares so I'll try that. Thank you :) I'm up later tonight as I've been at a show but will still be out of bed early to keep on track